LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia | Fort Myers, Florida
FieldEdge is the leading provider of field service management solutions to the mechanical contractor market. FieldEdge’s flagship ESC product has helped thousands of service-based organizations increase sales performance and overall workforce productivity by managing all aspects of their daily operations.
We are a Stevie-Award winning company that was recently named to Atlanta’s Best Places to Work list and the Inc. 5000’s List of Fastest-Growing Companies! You can think of FieldEdge as a hyper-growth software company with a startup culture that is backed by 35 years of industry-leading knowledge. We have a work hard, play hard, family oriented culture where no one takes themselves too seriously. We believe in paying for talent and are offering highly attractive compensation packages for the right individuals.
The QA Analyst is responsible for creating, maintaining and executing manual test cases as well as communicating directly with developers on issues. Other responsibilities include maintaining testing databases on Microsoft Azure and communicating progress to management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute manual test cases and plans for both web and mobile applications
- Identify any potential issues, validate them and reproduce the steps.
- Document, track, and communicate the test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems to the QA team
- Communicate ongoing progress to QA and Dev teams
- Provide engineering teams with analysis of uncovered software defect test and report software bugs in a detailed, timely manner
- Translate requirements from Product into test cases
- Conduct compatibility tests with previous version(s) of software
- Coach QA team members
- Contribute to team improvement initiatives, including team tools, process changes, and test automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycles
- 2-4 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Software Testing
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and tools (like Jira)
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Possesses a solid understanding of development and quality assurance testing methodologies
- Knowledge of testing techniques and tools used in testing large scale web and Mobile applications
- Demonstrable writing and communication skills
- 1+ years of experience working with SQL and writing SQL queries
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Superb problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated accountability and a sense of ownership of the product.
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges
- Field service industry experience is a plus
- Experience with GUI automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium) is a plus
- Experience with Zephyr or other manual test case management software packages is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Start-up culture – for those looking to work hard and develop in a rewarding career with growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, life, paid time off and 401k
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks are abundant in our facilities, along with a large TV and ping pong table