LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
FieldEdge is the leading provider of field service management solutions to the mechanical contractor market. FieldEdge’s flagship ESC product and cloud-based product have helped thousands of service-based organizations increase sales performance and overall workforce productivity by managing all aspects of their daily operations.
We have a work hard, play hard, family culture where no one takes themselves too seriously. We believe in paying for talent and are offering highly attractive compensation packages for the right individuals.
FieldEdge is looking for an enthusiastic entry-to-mid-level Technical Writer to support the fast evolution of our field service management solutions. As a member of the Product team, you will work achieve a detailed understanding of our product, create end-user documentation and resources for our customers, and train our internal team members. You will play a critical role in ensuring that product features and enhancements are communicated to our sales, marketing, support, and onboarding teams and effectively adopted by our customers in order to solve their business problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively and effectively communicate with customers and internal teams to understand customer business needs and processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders, as well as UI/UX, QA, and Architecture team members to accurately and thoroughly document product features, capabilities, and best practices for use by internal teams and end users
- Write and clearly communicate business and functional product capabilities to marketing, sales, onboarding, and support team members
- Conduct regular face-to-face and remote training sessions for internal teams
- Produce, or produce in collaboration with Marketing, video resources for select major product enhancements
- Recommend and assist in the documentation of product usability enhancements or in-app product help documentation in order to streamline the user experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant experience preferred (internships included)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude with a comfort for interacting with customers and internal teams
- Information Systems / Computer Science or other technical background preferred
- Relevant documentation experience or systems analysis coursework preferred
- Start-up culture – for those looking to work hard and develop in a rewarding career with growth opportunities
- Full health coverage
- 401k plan with matching for employees with more than one year of tenure
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks are abundant in our facilities, along with a large TV and ping pong table