What are the best apps for electricians to use on a daily basis? In this article, you’ll discover the top pro picks for streamlining everyday operations.
Both seasoned electricians and apprentices alike can greatly benefit from the best apps for electricians that are specifically designed to meet everyday needs.
Use these best apps for electricians to access essential information, tools and resources on-the-go and:
- Minimize clerical errors
- Maintain smooth, efficient operations
- Streamline daily tasks to maximize time spent on jobs
- Instantly boost productivity to get more work done in less time
- Increase profits by making the most of your time and resources
1. Electrician Handy Tool | Google Play / App Store
The Electrician Handy Tool assists with multiple tasks, including conduit bending, calculating and quick referencing.
Plus, this app includes:
- Voltage drop calculator
- Determines wire size to meet NEC voltage drop limits and calculates voltage drop.
- Conduit bending calculator
- Visually shows bend shapes and gives calculated marks to quickly help wrap up jobs more easily.
- Fraction calculator
- User-friendly fraction calculator designed for the trade.
2. ElectriCalc Pro | Google Play / App Store
ElectriCalc Pro helps you with integral everyday calculations. Developed by Calculated Industries, this is a comprehensive electrical calculator app that simplifies complex calculations.
Plus, ElectricCalc Pro provides a wide range of calculations, including voltage drop, conduit sizing, motor full-load amps and so much more.
Also the app offers built-in code reference information, NEC tables and reference guides. In turn, this app ensures you have accurate and up-to-date information at your fingertips. With its user-friendly interface and extensive functionality, ElectriCalc Pro is one of the best apps for electricians.
3. Voltage Drop Calculator | Google Play / App Store
The Voltage Drop Calculator is a handy tool that does exactly as the name says: estimates the drop in voltage in an electrical circuit.
Calculations are based on:
- Wire size
- Wire type
- Load current
Wire sizes include inches, millimeters and square millimeters. This app can be used for both SI Metric and USCS Imperial Units. Plus, its new updated 2023 user interface has better performance.
4. EveryCircuit | Google Play / App Store
Use EveryCircuit to build and simulate circuits with this popular app right on your phone or tablet. This app uses animated circuits to help you visualize voltages, currents and charges. For example, you can use it to build a simulation and then adjust the parameters in real time to understand how the circuit responds.
5. Ugly’s Electrical References | Google Play / App Store
The Ugly’s Electrical References app is a popular resource that includes a variety of features, including:
- Safety tips
- Code references
- Wiring diagrams
- Mathematical formulas
- Table change information
Also, the app is regularly updated to reflect the latest industry standards. Its library of incorporated videos make this one of the best apps for electricians.
6. FieldEdge | Google Play / App Store
Last, but certainly not least, FieldEdge is the ultimate field management service software for electrical professionals.
With FieldEdge, you can connect every part of your business using one simple, yet powerful system. Accessible from anywhere with real-time updates, FieldEdge gives everyone on your team an extra edge, from the office to the field.
Start using FieldEdge today to streamline everyday tasks:
- Performance Dashboards: Access sales, service agreements and profitability at a glance.
- Scheduling and Dispatching: See all your work orders on a single screen: assigned, unassigned and completed. Assign work orders to electricians based on skill set and availability.
- Customer Management: Review your customers’ previous work and equipment.
- Service Agreements: A snapshot of when service agreements are due for renewal, billing and scheduling. Automatically email or text reminders and invoices.
- Mobile CRM: Run your business from anywhere with on-the-go work orders, dispatching and service reminders.
- QuickBooks Integration Every transaction flows right into QuickBooks, minimizing double data entry and accounting mistakes.
Want to streamline your estimating process with next level software? Schedule a personalized FieldEdge demo today!
Boost Your Productivity With the Best Apps for Electricians
Now, you know the best apps for electricians.
Use these apps to maximize resources so you can begin to scale faster
When you begin taking advantage of these best apps for electricians, you can:
- Instantly boost productivity
- Maximize time and resources
- Get more work done in less time
- Improve safety with accurate calculations
- Minimize double data entry and clerical errors
Start using these best apps for electricians to quickly streamline operations and maximize resources today!
Related: 10 Must Have Electrician Tools