Your dispatchers and office staff are the backbone of your team, and it’s important to make sure they have the right tools to succeed. After all, your business’ success hinges on them. In order to keep great dispatchers and office managers happy at your business for many years to come, it’s important you have the right HVAC dispatch software to make their lives easier.
The right software gives your dispatchers the ability to do their jobs more efficiently with less stress.
When you choose a robust HVAC scheduling and dispatching software (like FieldEdge), your dispatchers no longer have to worry about daily headaches like:
- Struggling to track all inbound calls
- Spending hours every day trying to optimize and dispatch routes
- Scrambling to find customer records (if they’re not permanently lost)
- Feeling disconnected from the technicians (not knowing where they are or their work progress)
- Taking extra time out of the day to manage service agreements, work orders, and service reminders
By making your office manager or HVAC dispatcher’s life easier using dispatch software, you’re ensuring they will never want to leave you for your competition.
Book a FREE demo of FieldEdge to experience how the best HVAC dispatch software will streamline your operations and keep your dispatchers happy for years to come!
1. Work Faster By Streamlining Your HVAC Scheduling and Dispatching
The best HVAC service dispatch software helps you work faster by streamlining your scheduling and dispatching.
For example, when you choose the right dispatching software, a smart dispatching board allows you and your crews to manage jobs from anywhere:
- Use software recommendations to always assign the best technician for the job based on skill set and location.
- Maximize replacement opportunities by assigning technicians to jobs based on customer equipment age.
- Use the capacity planner to schedule appointments with your customers ahead of time and optimize your technicians’ routes accordingly.
Plus, the mobile dispatch app can help you dispatch on-the-go – taking calls from anywhere and at any time:
- Office staff can create work orders, dispatch technicians and move schedules around using a mobile device.
- Technicians can get job details from the dispatcher to their mobile phone or table, so they won’t need to drag heavy laptops around everywhere they go.
With the right software, your dispatcher or office manager no longer has to spend wasted time guessing the best scheduling and dispatching. In turn, they’ll not only be happier and less stressed, but they’ll also be able to focus their efforts on taking more calls and making more money for your HVAC business.
2. Easily Manage Your Crews While They’re Out in the Field
When you use a great HVAC dispatch software, you’ll have the power to seamlessly manage crews while they’re on jobs.
Track Your HVAC Technicians from Anywhere
First, keep track of technicians and identify your top performers:
- Use the performance dashboard to observe which technicians are the most profitable and which ones need more training.
- Technician statuses are updated in real-time so you always know if they’re idle, traveling, working, running late, or finished.
- Quickly make changes when a job takes longer than expected by changing the technician assigned to their next work order via the dispatch board.
Easily Manage Complex Jobs
Put together crews to easily manage complex jobs:
- Send help by adding a second or third to a work order on the fly.
- Create different boards to group technicians together by department or zone.
- Assign a technician or create a crew to a work order for multiple days for bigger jobs.
Also, it’s important to keep your HVAC dispatcher updated and your team on task by having technicians track their time – and software can help with this!.
Timesheet tracking allows techs to easily record their time and office staff to easily track hours:
- All status changes post to the office instantly so you always know the whereabouts of your technicians – creating a detailed log of statuses for office staff to reference!
- Job stages are automatically updated as a technician navigates through the app during a job (no more forgetting to click into the app as the job progresses).
When you take advantage of the right HVAC service dispatch software, you can streamline your dispatchers’ and crews’ everyday tasks to save your HVAC business time and money.
3. Work More Efficiently With an Open Stream of Communication
In order to work more efficiently, it’s important you use dispatch software to provide an open stream of communication for everyone in your HVAC business.
First, HVAC dispatchers can easily communicate work orders or job changes with technicians and vice versa. Your technicians can communicate their job status to office staff.
In addition, when you use the mobile dispatch app, you can take advantage of customer notifications so they’ll know where you are:
- Let customers and the office know you’re on your way with the click of a button.
- Send an automated email or text the day before to remind your customers about your appointment.
When you have the right software in your toolbelt, you’ll be able to work more efficiently by maintaining open communication between your dispatcher, technicians, and customers.
4. Track Your Calls
With the right HVAC scheduling and dispatching software, you can easily track your calls to help with future sales, marketing and customer success efforts.
Use a software phone integration so you know who’s calling and which source they’re coming from:
- Caller information auto-populates in your software’s system, helping you focus on the customer – not just their information.
- Automatically track the lead source for every incoming call so you always know the profitability of your marketing efforts.
- Color-coded incoming calls help you identify prospects, customers, and solicitors so you can prioritize the most important calls.
- With a single click, office staff can provide great customer experience by pulling up the customer’s full account details.
Plus, when you choose FieldEdge as your HVAC dispatch software, you’ll also gain additional features to help grow and manage your business:
- Mobile CRM
- Price presentation
- Performance dashboards
- Customer profiles and history
- Service agreement management
- Streamlined quotes and invoicing
- Real-time QuickBooks integration
Book a FREE demo of FieldEdge today to experience how the best HVAC dispatch software will TRANSFORM your business growth!
The Best HVAC Dispatch Software to Grow Your Business FAST
Now, you know how the best HVAC dispatch software has the power to grow your business FAST.
You NEED an HVAC service dispatch software that has the ability to streamline your everyday operations:
- Manage jobs and crews from anywhere
- Advanced team location and status tracking
- Instant scheduling, dispatching, and optimized routes
- Automatically track calls to aid in future sales and marketing efforts
- Maintain open streams of communication between dispatchers and techs
Start taking advantage of what the right HVAC dispatch software can offer your business today!
Related: 3 Ways to Make Life Easier for Your HVAC Dispatcher