When starting out in the HVAC business, finding your first HVAC clients can be a challenging task.
It’s not uncommon for HVAC businesses to struggle in their early days, especially when they lack a customer base. However, with the right strategies, you can find your first HVAC clients by:
- Casting a wide net when networking with friends, customers, colleagues and trade schools
- Implementing social media strategies that produce results
- Enticing potential customers with special discounts
Here are five ways to find your first HVAC clients:
1. Network with Other HVAC Professionals
Networking is an essential aspect of any business, and the HVAC industry is no different. Start by reaching out to other industry professionals you know.
For example, it’s a good idea to reach out to any contractors, architects or engineers you already have a relationship with. Tell them about your new business so your business stays top-of-mind.
In addition, attending industry conferences, trade shows and other events will further aid you in meeting potential clients. Plus, these venues are a great place to connect with other HVAC professionals as well.
2. Leverage Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool that can help you reach potential customers to build your brand.
Choose at least 1-2 social media platforms that resonate well with your target audience. For instance, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram might be considerations.
However, keep in mind, the platforms you choose will be largely based on which ones work the best in your area. Just remember, quality is key. Don’t choose more platforms than you can maintain on a regular basis.
Take a look at a few great ways you can leverage social media for your business to increase online presence and get your first HVAC clients:
- Showcase your services
- Provide important updates
- Share customer testimonials
- Show off your HVAC technicians
- Post photos of your best work
Also, you can use social media to run targeted ad campaigns to reach potential customers in your local area.
3. Offer Discounts and Promotions
One effective way to get your first HVAC clients is by offering discounts and promotions. Consider offering a discount on your services to first-time customers. You can even consider running a promotion on social media.
Plus, your offers don’t have to be elaborate or grand. Even offering a free upsell service or discount can help attract new customers.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when creating the perfect offer:
- Be crystal clear about the offer. A confused potential customer will just walk away.
- Offer an irresistible discount with value. Add extras to sweeten the deal.
- Deliver a powerful call to action. Encourage the customer to take the next step by clicking on the “Yes” or “Buy” button. Use bright buttons and colors so there is no confusion.
Once you have a few clients, you can offer referral discounts to incentivize existing customers to refer their friends and family to your business.
4. Utilize Local Directories
Local directories, like Yelp, Google Business Profile, and Angi, can help you reach potential customers in the area. Create a listing for your business on these platforms, then optimize it with relevant keywords and information about your services.
Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to research the most relevant keywords for your HVAC services.
Also, it’s important to encourage customers to leave reviews on these platforms to boost your online visibility and credibility.
5. Partner with Local Businesses
Partnering with other local businesses can help expand your reach and get your first HVAC clients.
Consider partnering with these local businesses, so you can offer services to a wider array of customers:
- Home builders
- Real estate agencies
- Home improvement stores
- Property management companies
What to Do After Getting Your First HVAC Clients
After acquiring a few customers, it’s important to begin implementing strategies to keep them. Remember, it can cost five times more to get a new customer than to retain existing ones.
Here are a few pro tips to keeping your first HVAC clients:
- Ask your best customers for referrals
- Provide unmatched customer service
- Leave behind a magnetic business card or pen with your logo and number
Excellent customer service means predicting your clients’ needs For example, going the extra mile or sending survey follow ups are both great ways to make sure your first HVAC clients are satisfied with your work.
Here are some additional tips to help you find your first HVAC clients:
- Be prepared to answer questions about your services, experience and prices
- Be confident in your abilities to help clients feel comfortable hiring you for their HVAC needs
Remember, be patient and don’t get discouraged if you don’t find your first HVAC clients right away. Just keep networking and marketing your business, and eventually you’ll find the right clients.
See how FieldEdge can help streamline your customer experience and much more! Book your FREE personalized demo today!
Get Out There and Find Your First HVAC Clients
Starting your own HVAC business can be a lot of work, but it can also be very rewarding. By following the expert strategies and tips in this article, your business will be booming in no time.
Here are a few key takeaways:
- Networking and partnering with other businesses is a proven way to add new customers
- Provide excellent customer service to secure new customers and keep them happy.
- Take advantage of simple marketing strategies to attract your first HVAC clients (e.g. social media, leave behinds, referrals, etc.)
Use these easy expert insights to find your first HVAC clients and keep them happy with your business for many years to come!
Related: How to Extend the Lifetime Value of Your HVAC Customers