Discover how to get HVAC customers FAST using this easy guide to get you started.
No matter if you’re replacing lost clients, or you’re trying to increase your revenue, this guide will share everything you need to know about getting HVAC customers fast.
Plus, we’ll explore how to win HVAC customers through the use of:
- SEO best practices
- A customer referral program
- Your HVAC business website
- Creating HVAC flyers and conducting 9-arounds
- Finding new ways to improve Google Ads and maximize spending
Get ALL of the pro tools and insider information you need to discover how to get HVAC customers fast!
Get HVAC customers FAST by downloading your FREE HVAC flyers and door hangers templates now!
The Best Selling Tips to Get HVAC Customers
You can get HVAC customers fast by using these selling tips and sales strategies.
Before you can start getting more HVAC customers, you need to know how to effectively make sales and then train your HVAC technicians to do the same.
Follow these 5 simple steps to effectively sell to your HVAC customers:
Step 1: Identify Your Ideal HVAC Customer
The way you sell to your HVAC customers depends solely on one thing – who you’re selling to. You need to have a solid grasp on your ideal HVAC customer and their characteristics. This is also known as creating a client persona.
In order to create your HVAC client persona, think about ONE ideal customer. If you already have existing customers, then think about your favorite customer. If you don’t have existing HVAC customers, simply think about the perfect customer you’d like to sell to.
Next, fill out the HVAC client persona template below to identify your ideal customer:
- Name: [first and last name]
- Age: [number]
- Career: [job title]
- Income/Salary: [$$$$$]
- Relationship Status: [status]
- Location: [city, state]
- Home Type: [age of home, single or multiple-family dwelling, number of stories/levels]
- Family Status: [number of children – if any]
- Education Background: [high school diploma, some college, bachelor’s degree, etc… ]
- Main Desired Services: [what services they’re looking for – AC repair, water heater repair, AC installation, etc… ]
- Personal Motto: [motto – e.g. “You get what you pay for.”]
- Values: [3-5 values]
- Objections to Purchasing Your Services: [3-5 objections to purchasing your HVAC services]
- Overcoming the Objections to Purchasing Your Services: [ways to overcome the previous objections]
- Where They Get Information: [Google, Facebook, Instagram, newspaper, etc… ]
You should get really detailed with identifying what specific customer to target. Why? Because the more clearly you can identify an ideal client, the easier it is to find and sell to them.
Step 2: Decide Where You’ll Engage With Your Ideal HVAC Leads
Now that you’ve identified who your ideal HVAC customer is, you’re ready to decide where you’re going to engage with them.
Since it takes about 6-8 touches to convert a lead into a customer, you need to reach your leads in as many ways and as many times as possible. You can use the following avenues:
- Business cards
- Google Advertising
- Flyers and door hangers
- Targeted email campaigns
- Social media (organic and/or ads)
Whether you place ads or pass out your flyers to neighboring homes, your main goal is to engage with your leads in whatever ways you can.
Automatically get HVAC customers by downloading your FREE HVAC business cards templates today!
Step 3: Develop a Unique Sales Proposition
In order to set yourself apart from your competition, you need to ask yourself this simple question: “What makes your HVAC business stand out from your local competitors?”
Answer this question by highlighting what makes your HVAC business stand out from the rest. Then demonstrate to your HVAC customers the value you’ll give them. Include this value proposition in your marketing materials and talk tracks.
As always, don’t forget to take customer needs, budget, and concerns into account throughout your engagement with them.
By developing a unique sales proposition, you’ll be able to eliminate your HVAC customers’ buying barriers to convert them.
Step 4: Follow Up With Your HVAC Leads
After you send an estimate, your job doesn’t stop. You NEED to follow up with your leads in order to get HVAC customers.
As you follow up with your leads, make sure you provide them with the perfect offer to sweeten the pot and break down any buying barriers.
Here’s how to create an irresistible offer to get HVAC customers fast:
- Give your leads something of value that’s exclusive
- State the main benefit of choosing YOUR HVAC business
- Make sure it’s timely by giving them a deadline (e.g. limited-time offer)
For example, your perfect offer could be as simple as, “New clients only! Schedule an [HVAC service] appointment before [date] and take advantage of our exclusive, limited-time offer of [$20 off next service or free upsell service] just for you!”
Step 5: Cultivate and Nurture Your Relationships With New and Existing HVAC Customers
As you get HVAC customers fast, it’s easy to get busy and forget to cultivate and nurture relationships with your new and existing customers.
There are numerous ways you can cultivate and nurture your relationships with new and existing HVAC customers:
- Engage with them through organic HVAC social media posts
- Consistently share and publish content to provide value (i.e. blogs, videos, etc… )
- Create one-pagers, emails and other content that help your customers with everyday issues (e.g. 21 ways to save electricity this summer)
Forming relationships with your HVAC customers is vital in keeping the customer base you’ve built. After all, your customers could always choose one of your competitors the next time they need any HVAC services.
Consider an HVAC Customer Referral Program
By starting an HVAC customer referral program, you’ll have the power to break down a huge buying barrier that’s keeping your leads from converting.
In other words, you can’t afford to not have an HVAC customer referral program!
For these reasons, customer referral programs are one of the best ways to AUTOMATICALLY get HVAC customers fast.
As you can see, a referral program plays a key factor in the success of your HVAC business. However, you need to give your customers an incentive to refer business.
The Perfect HVAC Customer Referral Program
Even though it may cost a bit of money upfront, when it’s properly implemented, a customer referral program pays for itself.
Your customer referral program doesn’t have to be complicated.
For example, you could offer your clients $20 off their next service for every successful referral. You could even offer $20 off the referred client’s first service.
Here’s the deal, you don’t have to provide some huge incentive to get your favorite clients to refer you. It only needs to be valuable enough for your clients (and referred clients) to feel appreciated.
As a result, every time your client looks at their fridge, they’ll be reminded of your referral program.
Utilize HVAC Flyers and Pass Them Out to Neighboring homes
Get HVAC customers fast by utilizing HVAC flyers and pass them out to neighboring homes to increase awareness in your local market and beat your competitors!
These are some basic guidelines for creating great HVAC flyers that sell:
- List your main HVAC services
- Justify your higher HVAC prices
- Give your clients a referral offer
- Give your leads the perfect offer
- Provide a clear Call-to-Action (CTA)
- Use digital HVAC flyers (i.e. Facebook Ads)
- Create functional HVAC flyers (i.e. visible contact information, simple font, photos of real work, etc. )
Now that you know what makes great HVAC flyers, let’s talk about how you can take it to the next level…
Take Your HVAC Flyers VIRTUAL
You can create virtual HVAC flyers to target specific people and neighborhoods to stomp out your competitors.
Take your HVAC flyers virtual by:
- Targeting specific neighborhoods using paid ads (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Google)
- Using the FieldEdge Mailchimp integration to send flyers and other content via email
When you utilize virtual HVAC flyers in conjunction with passing them out to neighboring homes, you’ll have the power to amplify the effect of your flyers FAST. Plus, you’ll have the ability to set your own budget and stick with it. Take the visuals and written content you already have on your flyers and use them to create ads and build emails.
Get your FREE HVAC social media posting guide for the summer now!
Use Reviews to Get HVAC Customers Fast
Remember when we talked about the importance of customer referrals earlier in the article?
In other words, it’s important to maintain a high reputation in order to get HVAC customers. After all, the more satisfied your customers are, the more word of mouth (WOM) referrals you’ll receive.
Pro Tip! Keep your HVAC website ranking high in Google and get lower bids from Google Ads by simply maintaining and reviewing your website. Also, don’t forget to update your Google Business page!
Build the Best HVAC Website
By far, one of the most important things you can do to get HVAC customers fast is to build a great HVAC website.
After all, your HVAC website allows clients toe:
- See your HVAC Google Reviews
- Get basic contact information
- Find testimonials that justify your HVAC prices
- Learn about what makes your HVAC business great
- Look at before and after pictures of your best HVAC work
- Discover you on Google while increasing your online presence
- Find a main CTA to get customers to take the next desired action
- Visit your social media pages by linking out to your HVAC social media accounts
When you follow these best strategies for building an amazing HVAC website, you’ll have the power to get more HVAC customers in no time.
The Basics of SEO for Your HVAC Business
In order for your website to rank higher in Google when people search for you (which gets you cheaper Google Ads bids too), you MUST be following basic SEO practices.
If you want to get HVAC customers fast, then at a minimum, you’ll need to follow these 7 SEO principles:
- Rank higher with specific keyword targeting
- Ensure your contact information is clearly listed in BOLD
- Provide a clear Call-to-Action (CTA) with a clear next step for customers
- Avoid overusing stock photos and use real photos of your work
- Get more HVAC customers fast using your favorite testimonials
- Establish a consistent blog posting schedule of relevant content
- Build a mobile-friendly website that’s easily accessible on all devices
These essential SEO principles will help build a solid start for optimizing your website and improving your organic Google ranking.
Find out more about building a great website by taking a look at our free HVAC marketing guide.
Optimize Google Ads for Your HVAC Business
Take your HVAC marketing to the next level by creating and optimizing Google Ads for your business.
Google Ads are one of the most effective ways to get more HVAC customers fast because of the high quality of leads available.
When you choose the right keywords, you’ll be engaging with high-quality leads that are actively searching for a solution to their problem – and you’re the solution. Because of this, Google Ads are typically faster and more effective than social media ads.
However, it’s easy to overspend on Google Ads, which is why some HVAC business owners are afraid of mastering this incredibly powerful tool. Though, when you know the basics of Google Ads, it’s not as complicated as you might think.
In order to create the most effective Google Ads for your HVAC business that stay within your budget, follow essential principles like these:
- Choose what areas to target
- Set your Google Ads spend budget
- Implement a follow up system for inbound leads
- Use split-testing to make your spending go farther and optimize ads
- Establish negative keywords (that you don’t want to target) so you only pay for good clicks and avoid the bad ones
In order to find out more about the basics of Google Ads and how they work, check out this Google Ads guide.
Next, find out how to create your Google Ads account and set up your first Google Ads campaign using this Google Ads video.
Pro Tip! Easily Get HVAC Customers Fast
FieldEdge can you can get more leads and improve customer experience by:
- Using CRM capabilities to prioritize outreach prospects. Additionally, you’ll have the ability to set up email campaigns using prospect lists and track email results (via Mailchimp integration).
- Streamlining your customer experience by creating on-site quotes and instant invoicing using FieldEdge Mobile.
- Utilizing FieldEdge’s phone system integration to easily keep track of new business inquiries.
Don’t wait, improve prospecting and business operations with FieldEdge! Book your free demo today!
Get HVAC Customers Faster than Ever
Whether you’re a new or established HVAC business, the strategies in this article will help to quickly scale your HVAC business.
Regardless of whether you take advantage of Google Ads or sign up for FieldEdge, you know the tools you need for your HVAC business to GROW NOW.
Don’t wait – begin getting new HVAC customers today!