Finding great HVAC technicians can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. It can be confusing to know where to begin and what to look for. That is why it’s important to take advantage of these top strategies for finding great technicians.
As you begin your search for qualified candidates, it’s important to leverage the tools and connections you already have. In this article, we’ll talk about the top strategies for finding the best HVAC technicians in your area:
- Get HVAC industry referrals
- Search databases to find local talent
- Use hiring ads to attract great technicians
- Leverage your online presence to steal top talent from your competitors
- Keep your HVAC technicians happy and attract new ones by offering benefits
When you take advantage of the best pro strategies for hiring amazing HVAC technicians, you can find fantastic techs for your business in no time.
1. Ask Your Best HVAC Technicians for Referrals
First, the best place to start finding great HVAC technicians is by replicating your favorites that are already on your team. The best way to clone your amazing techs is by asking for employee referrals.
A great incentive for getting fantastic employee referrals is by implementing an employee referral program. Your program can be as simple as rewarding a pay bonus or an extra day of PTO (paid time off) after every successful referral has been employed for 90 days.
Also, don’t forget! You should always take the opportunity to leverage your HVAC industry connections by asking your local vendors, friends and family for referrals too. Although, if you’re asking for referrals from friends and family, be cautious.
Did you know that you can use magnetic HVAC business cards to start automatically getting referrals? Simply include your referral offer on your business card. Plus, when you print your HVAC business cards on magnets, people will likely use the magnet on their fridge (so they’ll always be thinking of you).
Start getting employee referrals today. Download your FREE HVAC business card templates now!
2. Search the Best Databases for Certified Technicians
In order to find great certified HVAC technicians, it’s important you take advantage of the best databases. After all, you’ll have instant, searchable access to an endless supply of potential candidates. Take a look at a few of the top job databases for finding certified HVAC technicians:
Once you know where to search for awesome candidates, then you need to know how to screen their profiles. Here are a few questions to help screen HVAC technicians profiles:
- Do they have the experience you’re looking for in the HVAC industry?
- What licenses and certifications do they have in HVAC?
- What types of jobs have they done in the past?
As you screen database profiles for potential candidates, continue to think about what your ideal HVAC technician candidate looks like. In addition, make sure their qualifications fulfill what you’re looking for and that their skills meet the needs of your HVAC business.
3. Post Hiring Ads to Find the Best HVAC Technicians
In order to find the best HVAC technicians, you’ll need to post hiring ads in order to attract top talent. Since hiring ads influence the types of applicants you’ll get, it’s important you know how to create the right hiring ad for your HVAC business. Take a look at a few qualities that make a great HVAC hiring ad:
- Concise (no fluff)
- Specific and informative
- Actionable and timely CTA (Call-to-Action)
Also, as you create your hiring ad, remember to mention specific benefits of working for your business as well as how you want them to contact you. Here’s an example of an effective ad you can steal for hiring HVAC technicians:
Are you a certified HVAC technician? How would you like a better job with a friendly HVAC business? Here are 13 reasons you should work for [HVAC business name]:
- Clients love us
- Get paid weekly
- Health insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Never miss a paycheck
- We prioritize quality work
- Holiday AND vacation pay
- Friendly and easy to work with
- In-house equipment maintenance
- Use NEW equipment EVERY year
- Free trainings so you can grow in your career
- Our HVAC technicians have been with us for a long time
- Fast-growing HVAC business with many career opportunities
Call XXX-XXX-XXXX to start your new position at [HVAC business name]. Positions fill up fast, so call today!
In addition, use our HVAC hiring guide so you can start using the best hiring practices to ensure you’re hiring the right HVAC technician for your business. Plus, don’t forget to check out our HVAC Facebooks Ads guide and HVAC social media guide to get started.
Download your FREE HVAC hiring guide so you can start hiring the best employees for your business today!
4. Maintain a Healthy Online Presence to Attract Top Talent
- Building a strong social media presence
- Responding and maintaining your online reviews
- Updating your website (information, content, design, etc… )
When great candidates research your HVAC business, they’ll be impressed by your online brand and trustworthiness. Plus, it’ll simultaneously help you get more HVAC customers too.
Start building your social media presence today. Download your FREE 90 days of HVAC social media posts now!
5. Offer Competitive Benefits for Your HVAC Technicians
While offering a competitive salary is important, it’s also equally important to offer competitive benefits for your HVAC technicians. While good benefits help bring in new talent, they can also help keep your best techs for years to come!
Take a look at a few benefits and perks you can offer:
- Reward employee loyalty with annual raises and incentives.
- Provide a clear career path that demonstrates opportunities for advancement.
- Provide perks they can’t get elsewhere (e.g. snacks, rewards for reaching goals, etc… ).
- Give back a piece of your success to your team (e.g. when you reach a financial goal, give your team a bonus percentage).
- Cultivate a healthy company culture that makes your HVAC technicians happy, encourages them to help each other, and allows them to recognize each other’s goals and accomplishments. Plus, this will help your best technicians stay with your business!
Both salary and benefits work together to attract the best HVAC technicians in your area. Plus, you’ll attract top talent as you build a reputation for providing quality HVAC services.
Also, if you’re struggling to provide a competitive salary for your HVAC technicians, then it’s probably time to raise your prices. Check out our HVAC pricing guide to help you increase your profits so you can properly compensate your employees.
Find the Best HVAC Technicians for Your Business
When you utilize these top five ways for finding HVAC technicians, you’ll have the power to attract top talent and beat your competitors.
Use these smart strategies for finding the best HVAC technicians to help you:
- Attract top local talent
- Beat your biggest competitors
- Keep your best HVAC technicians from leaving
Now, you have the power to take advantage of the best strategies for finding amazing HVAC technicians!