The more locksmith leads you can secure, the better chance you have at gaining new customers. It’s a numbers game! So how do you increase your odds for gaining new leads?
We have 4 strategies for your business that will lead to…more leads! Follow these steps to reel in locksmith leads and increase customers:
- Hold a contest or giveaway
- Blog your way to more locksmith leads
- Reviews and referrals
- Automate marketing with software
1. Hold a Contest or Give Away
Everyone likes to get something for nothing. Giving a prize away via your website or social media can bring loads of leads and generate way more business than what it costs to purchase the prize.
How lucrative is running a contest? They have a conversion rate of 35%, which dwarfs some other types of other content. Also, 94% of the time users will share the promotion with their contacts just after they register.
Here are a few ways to host a giveaway:
- Hold a gift raffle for any one who follows all your social media accounts.
- Offer a chance to win by entering their email and name on your site
- If you have an email list or newsletter, add them to the list and let them know that they will be added to your email database. The title may be “Join our email list for a chance to win!”
- If your budget is larger, offer swag or a small gift card for every new customer who books a locksmith service within a specific time period (E.g. “Every customer who books a service this month gets XYZ gift card!”)
The goal is to either start a relationship with customers so you can eventually reach out to them to gain more information, or capture their information as part of the giveaway (which results in a lead!).
What to give away? Here are a few ideas:
- $50 gift cards
- Package of company swag (nice tumblers, trucker hats, etc.)
- Bigger prizes such as a new grill or a tablet will help bring in more leads!
2. Blog Your Way To More Locksmith Leads
Content marketing (producing blogs, videos, news articles, and more!) continues to be the focus of many companies’ budgets to connect with their target audience.
Creating and sharing helpful content is a great way to connect with potential customers and has a great ROI (Return on Investment). In fact, businesses with blogs produce 67% more leads than businesses without a blog.
Why do blogs increase locksmith leads? When a business has a blog, it attracts more traffic to the website.
Google will notice that you are updating and creating new content. If you share content consistently, Google’s search engine is more likely to show your article or webpage to prospective customers searching for locksmith-related terms.
Keeping your content fresh and active is key. The goal is to post new or updated content every week. Similar to fishing, you aren’t going to catch any fish without your pole in the water!
Ensure that you provide articles that resonate with your target audience (potential customers). What problem or pain point can you address in your content? Think about frequent issues or questions that customers have. One blog topic example could be “10 Tips for Never Locking Yourself Out of Your Car.”
Once you research your topics, you’re ready to write!
Include The Following In Your Blog:
- Catchy and Concise Title: You want the title to attract potential locksmith leads to read your article over the other million out there. Include keywords you think they are searching.
- Keywords: Including relevant keywords throughout your blog attracts more traffic to your website. Words and phrases such as “locked out of house” or “security camera” are examples of keywords for a locksmith blog.
- Call to Action (CTA): The most important part of the blog is the closing call to action. This is a text prompt or button that inspires your audience to take the next step. This could be a bonus piece of content offered in exchange for an email, or just instructions on how to contact your locksmith team to learn more.
3. Lock ‘Em Up with Reviews and Referrals!
Make sure your business is actively working on reviews and referrals. They are an easy and economical way to gain more locksmith leads.
Positive reviews are vital to your lead generation. 91% of 18-34 year olds value online reviews as much as family and friend recommendations. And 93% of consumers state that online reviews influence their buying decisions. Encourage happy customers to leave reviews. It’s as easy as pulling up Google, Facebook or Yelp on their phone and spending a few minutes.
The following are the most popular review websites:
- Google: Claim your business’ physical address on your Google Business page. Customers can leave a review from a browser or on a business’ Google Maps page.
- Facebook: No longer called reviews with the five star scale, they are now called recommendations and customers can leave a yes/no if they recommend a business along with pictures and why they do or don’t recommend.
- Yelp: Yelp has more than 240 million reviews, and is one of the oldest and established review sites. Home services account for nearly 20% of these reviews.
- Angi (formerly Angie’s List): A top site for home services reviews.
- NextDoor: This is where people connect with their neighbors, businesses and public services. Members can post recommendations and businesses can set up a page or post ads.
- LinkedIn and Glassdoor: These websites allow employees to leave reviews for the businesses they have worked at. While not used for sales, it’s still a good idea to check for any recent employee reviews about your company!
Responding To Reviews
Be sure to respond to reviews online, both positive and negative. Customers want to see how you respond to reviews. If the review is negative, thank the customer for the review and purchasing the product or locksmith service. Then acknowledge their concerns and tell them directly how you are going to make it right.
When you receive a positive review, the tendency is to think you don’t need to respond. But engaging with a satisfied customer heightens the selling experience and allows the customer to feel appreciated. Make sure to thank them using their name and highlight a few details from the review.
If prospective customers see that you are engaged and provide great service, they are more likely to reach out to you!
Having a robust referral program in place drives leads. Providing incentives for both your current customer and the new referred customer is a great way to increase leads and sales. An example of a referral would be 20% off a locksmith service, such as changing the locks on a house.
50% of people are likely to give a referral if offered a direct incentive, social media recognition or access to a loyalty program.
A great way to keep track of these referrals is to have a top shelf service software, like FieldEdge that can help track and manage new referrals seamlessly.
4. Automate Your Marketing with Top Locksmith Software!
Streamlining your customer marketing and customer experience with top of the line software ensures you are serious about landing more leads. What can software like FieldEdge do to help you manage locksmith leads?
- A better customer experience: Locksmith software like FieldEdge helps manage your customers more effectively. In turn, positive experiences increase word-of-mouth leads, referrals and online reviews.
- Your business looks more professional and polished. With FieldEdge price presentation your business will look on the ball. Locksmiths are able to present a matter of fact, easy to understand price to the customer while on the job.
- Streamlines email marketing: Once you have referrals to build a customer base, you can email them easily with upsells and valuable information
See how FieldEdge can boost your marketing success! Book your FREE personalized demo today!
Turn The Key For More Locksmith Leads!
With these 4 strategies you are armed with the knowledge to become a lead-generating machine! Follow these steps to reel in more customers!
- Hold a contest or give away
- Blog your way to more locksmith leads
- Reviews and Referrals
- Automate marketing with software