Plumbing job management software improves every aspect of your plumbing business—from dispatching, to invoicing, to accounting integration. By streamlining your processes with just one software, you can build a scalable business, save significant time, generate more revenue and enjoy satisfied employees.
In this post, we’ll demonstrate the core features your plumbing business needs to succeed using a top-shelf plumbing software.
- Improve dispatch capabilities—maximizing your staff’s time and earnings
- Automate redundant daily tasks—allowing you to focus on higher-level tasks
- Create happy customers by being transparent with pricing and invoicing
Managing your day-to-day operations is no small task. Using the all-in-one software solution, you can take some of the pressure off your staff. In turn, your plumbers can perform their trade instead of getting lost in mountains of paperwork or using outdated, clunky software.
Dispatch Plumbers to the Right Job
A modern dispatch board should be easy to use and give dispatchers and plumbers a clear view of their day’s schedule. The best dispatch board should:
- Allow for drag-and-drop functionality to easily assign a plumber to a job depending on their skills, and distance from the job.
- Update statuses to give dispatchers eyes on exactly what your plumbers are doing: pending, traveling, working, finished, etc.
- Utilize phone integrations so caller information auto-populates in the system, using color coding to identify prospects, customers and solicitors.
- Allow for grouping multiple plumbers on a single work order.
Automate Repetitive Tasks
Many repetitive daily tasks can be automated using the #1 plumbing job management software. Once implemented, your staff will save countless hours of time and frustration, and your customers will have improved customer service.
Once you have the best plumbing software integrated into your plumbing business, you can automate various elements of your daily duties, such as:
- Customer notifications and reminders to maintain active communication
- Maintenance service agreements made easy for your team
- Cloud-based mobile access for on-the-go plumbers
- Bulk invoicing and payments options for rapid billing
- QuickBooks integration to meet accounting needs
Connect the Office, Field and Customers With a Mobile CRM
A Mobile CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform allows for continuous, two-way communication between office staff and dispatchers as well as with plumbers and customers. As a result, the best mobile CRM drastically improves overall business efficiency.
Using the right CRM, you can track all interactions between your business, leads and customers.In turn, this data can then be used to better manage the customer experience by reducing costs and increasing profits through customer loyalty.
The latest and greatest mobile CRMs have ability to:
- Create work orders and dispatch techs right from your mobile device
- Alert customers that the plumber is on the way by text, email or voicemail
- Measure sales and marketing efforts to track revenue and ROI
- Show notes, customer and equipment history on each work order
- Visual pricebook helps techs with price presentation, quoting and invoicing
Collect Payments in the Field
Collecting payments as quickly as possible improves your company’s cash flow. The top plumbing job management software has a mobile payment feature that can speed up this cycle and cut down on email invoicing.
If the customer can pay by phone or computer as soon as they receive the invoice, you’re much more likely to get paid quickly. Plus, customers like paying right away to avoid the hassle of paying later.
If your chosen plumbing software is set up to accept payments, simply generate a quote as you would normally do on the app. Then, connect a mobile card reader, and your customer can swipe their credit card to pay.
Once the payment is processed, it will flow back to your software and directly into QuickBooks, if enabled.
As a result, you can stop chasing payment, reconcile your money faster—immediately eliminating the need to worry about collecting payments later. Which means, no follow up phone calls or emails—saving you time and getting your payments faster!
Using the customer invoice portal, you can also use plumbing job management software to send invoices to clients later. This allows them to pay in a way that fits their schedule, which allows you to go completely paperless using the cloud.
Upgrade to the Best Plumbing Job Management Software Today
Take advantage of the time, money and needless frustration you’ll save by upgrading to the #1 plumbing job management #1 plumbing job management software. Here are several takeaways:
- You need a state of the art dispatch board to maximize your staffs’ production. It saves multiple hours and ensures the right plumbers are at the right jobs.
- Automation of repetitive tasks is smart and easy with FieldEdge. Eliminate the tasks that are wasting lucrative resources!
- Providing a way for customers to immediately pay after job completion is gold. It cuts down on having to chase payments and boosts cash flow.
Now, you can use this expert insight to select the best job plumbing job management software to start scaling your business to success today!
Join a FREE demo of FieldEdge to see how the best plumbing software will help you grow your business!